The following are mini-lectures (in Flash format) developed by the Mathematics Department at UCCS,
to help students refresh their knowledge of the Algebra and Precalculus topics which are most needed for the Calculus sequence.
MINI-LECTURES (Flash Format)
*Not needed for Math 1120 -
Additional useful tutorials, containing lots of sample problems with solutions for the students to practice on, can be found below.
- Linear, Quadratic, Polynomial and Rational Functions
- Inverse, Exponentials and Logarithms
- Trigonometric Functions
- CU Online tutoring - Student Resources
- MVT - Mathematical Visualization Toolbox at University of Colorado - Boulder
- Algebrahelp.com - online how to's, worksheets, calculators, etc.
- Texas Instruments - Calculator Page
- DAU University Math Refresher - a very brief treatment of number concepts. Good practice problems
- Suremath - Algebra, physics, chemistry help.
- Excel Help Page - lots of real life financial applications
- Mathgoodies Puzzle Page - Kick back with some mathematically themed crossword puzzles.
- Carl Eberhart's Maple Tutorial - a very good introduction to using Maple!
- Paul's Math Online Notes - A good tool to learn the basics in Algebra, Calculus I, II, III, Linear Algebra, and Differential Equations.
- MSTE - office for mathematics, science and technology education
- Calculus Pointers - how to outsmart your calculus book....?