The Kraemer Family Library fosters the intellectual growth of UCCS students, faculty, staff, and our community by developing innovative services, technologies, collections, and spaces that facilitate their emerging information needs.
Position the library as an integral part of campus culture and life.
- Communicate the significance of the Library to the campus community by sharing the Library's values and marketing the Library's services.
- Form partnerships with other units on campus to advance our shared values.
- Be a programming hub for library-sponsored events as well as hosting other events.
- Advance campus equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through implementation of the Library's Diversity Plan.
- Support sustainability efforts and education in the library, on campus, and in the community.
Take an active role throughout the entire research process.
- Expand the information literacy program to address the information needs of underserved student populations.
- Develop targeted workshops on the research process and work with other campus units when appropriate.
- Increase support for faculty participating in the scholarly communication process.
- Support the publication and dissemination of student research and creative works.
- Position the Library as a host and promoter of content originally created at UCCS.
Be a lead technology hub and provider.
- Partner with IT and other organizations to enhance technology services.
- Increase the Library's ability to provide user-friendly technology to the UCCS community.
- Further develop the Library's physical space to increase technical capabilities.
- Create more self-service points within the Library.
- Ensure library employees have the necessary technology-related skills.
Enhance and further integrate the library's online presence.
- Simplify user access to library systems.
- Improve user understanding of and access to eBooks.
- Provide a positive user experience on core library web presences.
- Optimize the library catalog for additional discoverability.
- Increase online instruction offerings and capabilities.
- Advocate for usable and accessible interfaces for current and future electronic resources.
Build a culture of assessment.
- Create an effective program of professional development for Library employees.
- Develop and implement a systematic evaluation of the Library's collection.
- At the department level, create and document assessment practices for all library service areas.
- Develop and implement a library-specific survey initiative, with a regular general survey on library resources and services along with focused surveys on special initiatives.
v2, September 2017