The Library's group study rooms are intended to support academic work by groups of students, staff, and faculty working on projects or studying together. They are not intended for use as individual study carrels or commercial purposes (e.g. private office space, the sale or solicitation of goods). Only current UCCS students, staff, and faculty may reserve a group study room.
Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance before the room is needed. Reservations may be made up to one month in advance.
Reservations are made in 1/2 hour increments, with a limit of 3 hours per day and a total of 6 hours per week. Time extensions can be requested and will be granted at the discretion of Circulation staff. You can call 719-255-3296 to request an extension.
You must make your own reservation and you cannot reserve rooms under the name of a different individual. Rooms are meant to be shared by as many student groups as possible; back-to-back and/or multiple reservations by a group are discouraged and may be cancelled by library staff if rooms are in high demand.
The computer group study rooms may be reserved by individuals participating in video conference calls. These reservations may be made for 30 minutes before the call begins and up to 30 minutes after the call ends.
If you are unable to use your reservation, you can cancel it by contacting the Library at 719-255-3296. This will free up the room for other groups. Repeated no-shows may lose their reservation privileges.
The Library has 26 study rooms, 15 of which are reserveable:
- Room 212 (2 computers, seats 5-6)
- Room 213 (2 computers, seats 5-6)
- Room 214 (2 computers, seats 5-6)
- Room 216 (2 computers, seats 5-6)
- Room 217 (2 computers, seats 5-6)
- Room 226 (2 computers, seats 5-6)
- Room 227 (2 computers, seats 5-6)
- Room 228 (2 computers, seats 5-6)
- Room 229 (TV & VHS/DVD player, seats 5-6) Groups needing to watch a film will have priority for this room.
- Room 300 (group study room, seats 8-9)
- Room 301 (group study room, seats 8-9)
- Room 303 (group study room, seats 8-10)
- Room 312 (2 computers, seats 5-6)
- Room 313 (2 computers, seats 5-6)
- Room 314 (2 computers, seats 5-6)
Only current UCCS students, staff, and faculty may reserve a room. Community patrons and students from other schools are not allowed to place room reservations.
Study Room Use
Users are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times. The rooms are not soundproof, and as such groups are asked to monitor the volume of their conversations so as not to disturb other library patrons. Users are expected to clean up behind themselves and leave the room tidy for the next users.
Behaviors which result in expulsion from a group study room include, but are not limited to:
- Disruptive or threatening behavior
- Failure to follow direction from library staff
- Failure to adhere to the library's food and drink policy
If you have questions regarding this policy please contact the Circulation Desk at 255-3296.