The Kraemer Family Library is pleased to announce their new Borrow a Bike Lock program, which allows patrons to check-out a high quality bike lock in order to secure their bicycle to any campus bike racks. This program offers patrons who have forgotten their bike lock an alternative to leaving their bikes unsecured or attempting to bring their bikes inside any UCCS facility, which is in violation of university code.
Here's How it Works
- Bike locks are available for check-out from the Main Circulation Desk.
- Patrons can request a 1-day, 3-day, or 7-day loan period.*
- In order to borrow a bike lock the patron must be registered with the library and present a photo ID (UCCS ID card or current Government issued ID) at the time of check-out.
- Any bikes using these bike locks must be registered with the UCCS Department of Public Safety.
- The patron must agree to the terms of the program and sign a liability waiver.
Returning the Lock
- Return the lock and key to the Main Circulation Desk.
- Bike locks CANNOT be returned in the book drops!
- Overdue fines of $0.50 will accrue for each hour the lock is overdue.
The Library wishes to thank the UCCS Green Action Fund which provided us with a grant to purchase these locks!