The Kraemer Family Library is a place of learning and scholarly reflection. The Library faculty, staff, and administration strive to provide such a place for our users and ask Library users to follow the Code of Conduct.
We expect our users to:
- Follow all Library policies and procedures including the food and drink, cell phone, and computer use policies.
- Treat other users with respect. Avoid loud conversations, disruptive behavior, and use of the Library for non-academic or non-research purposes.
- Respect the rights of other users to access library materials. Deliberate misplacement of library materials, or the deliberate postponement of returning library materials, is prohibited.
- Care for library books and other materials properly. Library materials should not be written on or defaced in any way. Users are responsible for the care of items checked out to them.
- Never leave personal items unattended. The library is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
- Refrain from soliciting, vending, peddling, or petitioning in the Library.
- Refrain from sleeping for extended periods of time in the Library.
- Refrain from lewd or obscene conduct, or sexual misconduct such as unwarranted or inappropriate touching, unwanted or inappropriate advances, harassment or indecent exposure.
- Use email or online resources within the guidelines of our computer use policy.
- Comply with Library policies.
- Respond to emergency and security gate alarms and other situations as instructed by staff; leave the buildings at closing.
- Not leave children under the age of 14 unsupervised.
- Use the restrooms in an appropriate manner. Laundering or bathing is prohibited.