Bridging theory and practice to advance skills and knowledge
This certificate program is coordinated by the Matrix Center for the Advancement of Social Equity and Inclusion at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs and the College of Letters, Arts and Sciences' Sociology Department.
CERTIFICATE DESCRIPTION: The Graduate Certificate in Diversity, Social Justice and Inclusion is an innovative, comprehensive and relevant certificate program geared for individuals interested in the advancement of diversity, social justice and inclusion. This nationally accredited, university-backed program benefits those who are seeking the advanced skills, knowledge and strategies to implement diversity-oriented pedagogy, programs, practices and policies that can be applied in educational, community, corporate and public settings. The program provides an unprecedented level of expertise from leading scholars and nationally renowned experts in the field of diversity, social justice and inclusion.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE: In just four courses/12 credit hours and at an incredibly AFFORDABLE price ($162/credit hour), participants can complete the certificate and earn graduate level academic credit. Credits can be transferred and applied towards a graduate degree in diverse disciplines, should participants consider pursuing an advanced degree in the future. All courses are offered through the College of Letters, Arts and Sciences' Sociology Department.
This INNOVATIVE certificate program:
- moves beyond diversity to examine social justice, equity, power and privilege;
- presents practical, timely and specialized skills for those who teach, work and advocate for social justice;
- supplies marketable and transferable skills for those in career transition;
- provides an unprecedented level of expertise from leading scholars and nationally-renowned experts in the field of diversity, social justice and inclusion;
- is offered by a nationally accredited university;
- allows courses to be taken separately or as part of the certificate program.
- Prerequisite: Undergraduate degree in any discipline from an accredited institution.
- Required number of credits for completion of the certificate: 12
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher