Nominations (including self-nominations) are solicited for the annual LAS Research and Creative Works Award.
The recipient will receive:
- Special recognition at the LAS Awards Ceremony (TBA)
- A $500 one-time award (before taxes)
- $500 base salary increase
Deadline for Outstanding Research & Creative Works Award submission
Our 2019 LAS Research/Creative Works Awards will be announced in the Spring 2019 term. Please see last year's guidelines for general information. Our Deadline for submission HAS YET TO BE ANNOUNCED. Please check back for these dates.
Submit all Complete Submission Binders to:
LAS Dean’s Office
Columbine Hall 2025
(no later than 5:00 pm)
Specific eligibility requirements are that the candidates:
- be a full-time faculty member in the College of LAS with a rank of Assistant Professor or above,
- be in at least their third year in the College of LAS, and
- have not received the award previously.
Nomination materials should include:
- Nominating letter
- Candidate’s vitae
- Candidate statement that includes a summary of research/creative works and an assessment of its impact on the candidate’s field. This might include a discussion of publications, grants, funding history, awards and recognitions, performance/display history . . .
- Letters of support from scholars in the candidate’s field
- “Third-party” evidence of impact. This might include reviews of candidate’s book(s), discussion of candidate’s work in other published formats, citation history . . .
- Other evidence of impact
- An example of the candidate’s published work
Nomination materials (all letters, vita, candidate’s statement) must be submitted in a clearly organized loose-leaf binder with a table of contents. Reviews, citation history, evidence of impact, examples of published, filmed, recorded, or photographed work should be submitted in a second secure binder.