Nominations (including self-nominations) are solicited for the annual LAS Research and Creative Works Award.
The recipient will receive:
- Special recognition at the LAS Awards Ceremony (May 9, 2019)
- A $500 one-time award (before taxes)
- $500 base salary increase
Deadline for Outstanding Research & Creative Works Award submission
Our 2019 LAS Research/Creative Works Awards will be announced in the spring term of 2019. Please see last year's guidelines for general information.
Submit all Complete Submission Binders to:
LAS Dean’s Office
Columbine Hall 2025
(no later than 5:00 pm on the date of the deadline)
Specific eligibility requirements are that the candidates:
- be a full-time faculty member in the College of LAS with a rank of Assistant Professor or above,
- be in at least their third year in the College of LAS, and
- have not received the award previously.
Nomination materials should include:
- Nominating letter
- Candidate’s vitae
- Candidate statement that includes a summary of research/creative works and an assessment of its impact on the candidate’s field. This might include a discussion of publications, grants, funding history, awards and recognitions, performance/display history . . .
- Letters of support from scholars in the candidate’s field
- “Third-party” evidence of impact. This might include reviews of candidate’s book(s), discussion of candidate’s work in other published formats, citation history . . .
- Other evidence of impact
- An example of the candidate’s published work
Nomination materials (all letters, vita, candidate’s statement) must be submitted in a clearly organized loose-leaf binder with a table of contents. Reviews, citation history, evidence of impact, examples of published, filmed, recorded, or photographed work should be submitted in a second secure binder.