The Knapsack Institute on the Road brings the KI, or our more limited workshops, to you. We work with Universities, K-12 schools, organizations and businesses.
Campus Knapsack Provisions
On your campus, we will provide participants with:
- An intersectional conceptual framework for understanding concepts of oppression and privilege;
- A wide range of innovative teaching strategies that we have found successful, including:
- Building an inclusive classroom,
- Setting the stage on the first day of class,
- Managing emotions and reactions in the classroom,
- Dealing with resistance to change,
- Empowering students toward positive growth in the classroom and beyond,
- How to find support and resources for doing this challenging and often difficult work.
K-12 and Non-Profit Organizations
We have designed special Knapsack Institutes geared specifically toward K-12 educators and toward non-profit organizations. Each institute can be custom tailored to better suit each organization's needs.
- Social Identities, Inequalities, and Building Inclusiveness
- Transforming Ourselves to Become Culturally Inclusive Educators
- Transforming the Curriculum
- Minimizing Implicit Bias and Stereotype Threat
- Minimizing Microaggressions (Subtle Forms of Exclusion) to Become an Agent of Change
- Culturally Inclusive Leadership
- Building an Inclusive Environment
- Reframing Emotions
- Dealing with Resistance to Equity
- Using Mindfulness Practices to Become Culturally Inclusive
- Advancing Social & Environmental Justice through Contemplative Practice
Our workshops are flexible; we tailor them to meet your needs.
To bring The Knapsack Institute or a workshop to your institution or organization,
Abby Ferber, Director of the Matrix Center, Co-Director of The Knapsack Institute.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (719)255-4764.