Post-Master's Certificate - Nurse Practitioner
The post-graduate certificate program builds upon and expands the knowledge, values, and skills of the Master's prepared nurse. The College offers the option of advanced study for Primary Care Nurse Practitioner leading to a Post Masters Certificate. In addition to specialty courses which prepare for expanded clinical roles in adult and gerontological health, family health, or psychiatric/mental health, the student is prepared for prescriptive authority in advanced pathophysiology, assessment, and pharmacology. The program is 100% online and primary care based practicum hours are set up where you reside.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the graduate will be able to:
- Foster change in health care delivery systems through translation of evidence in practice
- Assume leadership in fostering collaborative interprofessional care teams to integrate care service across the health care system
- Participate in lifelong learning to promote excellence and to design innovative models of nursing practice
Requirements for certificate:
- Completion of 25-34 credits at the graduate level (depending on previous degree and Rx authority)
- A grade of "B" or more in all nursing courses
- Completion of certificate requirements within six years
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all previous course work
- Curriculum Vitae or Resumé
- Completion of an accredited Master's degree in nursing program
- Current unrestricted Registered Nurse License from the state where you practice during practicum rotations
- Passing score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if your native language is not English.
- Submission of all application materials by posted deadlines
Due to individual state regulations, we are accepting students from these states:
- New Mexico
- South Dakota
Spring term application deadline is August 15.
Fall term application deadline is March 15. The Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner option is only available as a fall start at this time.
The Admission Committee will review all completed applications 30 business days after the deadline. You will be notified by email as to your admission status.