Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Accelerated Option
Baccalaureate education provides the entry level preparation for professional nursing practice. This 16 month nursing program is designed for individuals who hold a Bachelor's degree in another field and wish to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN). All required general education courses and the previous baccalaureate degree MUST be completed by the end of the fall semester of the current application period.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Function in the beginning role of a baccalaureate generalist nurse in settings that cross all populations and environments
- Demonstrate proficiency in the core nursing competencies of clinical/critical reasoning, patient safety, and quality improvement principles
- Integrate research evidence with clinical expertise and patient values to facilitate clinical practice decisions
- Implement the use of patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices to support safe and effective patient care
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of healthcare policy, finance, and regulatory environments
- Maintain interprofessional collaboration and communication to improve healthcare outcomes
- Demonstrate professionalism and its values (including altruism, autonomy, human dignity, social justice, and integrity) as a baccalaureate generalist nurse
- Master the required core knowledge for baccalaureate generalist nursing practice
- Applications accepted September 1 - November 1
- Registration for the HESI pre-admission assessment exam is October 1 through November 15, and the exam must be taken between October 15 and November 15.
- Notification of Acceptance - December
- Classes begin remotely, Monday, May 18, 2020 with a mandatory half-day Orientation Session, also hosted remotely - information will be emailed to admitted students.
View Informational Videos/Files:
- Recording: Virtual Information Session, on June 18, 2020
- Welcome Future Accelerated Nursing Students