Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Dual Enrollment RN to BSN - Online
The Dual Enrollment RN to BSN option is designed for students currently enrolled in an Associate Degree in Nursing Program at a Colorado Community College who would like to begin working on their BSN while studying to obtain their RN license.
Dual Enrollment means you continue to take courses toward your ADN while also taking courses at UCCS that will count towards obtaining a BSN.
Who is eligible to participate?
- A student with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher (only classes with a C or higher are eligible for transfer)
- A student who has completed one semester of ADN coursework**
Program Features & Benefits
- Courses are offered online* - Giving you the flexibility to learn!
- Outstanding faculty and curriculum - Providing you with an excellent learning environment.
- History and Reputation for Quality - Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences has been ranked by US News and World Report, earning a degree you can be proud of.
- Work while you learn - Our program allows for you to continue in your career while you earn your degree
- Earn your BSN quickly - By maximizing your previous educational experiences you can earn your baccalaureate degree faster
- Financial Aid - If you have used financial aid, your student loans may continue through Dual Enrollment and previous loans may continue in deferment and the grace period (without added interest) will not begin until after completion of the BSN
- You're already in student mode - Returning to school later can be more difficult with added financial hardships, time constraints, family, and other obligations
- Course shelf life - Waiting to continue and complete your BSN may mean having to take more classes or retake courses in the future
Why earn a BSN?
- Builds upon and enhances your knowledge and skills
- More career opportunities and options for advancement
- Salary benefits and greater earning potential
- Typically a requirement for career progression within Magnet Status organizations.
Admission requirements for the RN to BSN include:
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher from ALL colleges ever attended
- Complete one semester of your ADN coursework
All application steps must be completed or your application will be delayed.
- Please download and follow the application checklist.
- Click the hyperlink to complete the Undergraduate Transfer Application.
- Pay the $50 application fee
- You will also need to complete the Supplemental Application which is included as a link at the bottom of the Undergraduate Transfer Application
- Submit official transcripts from ALL colleges you have attended to:
Office of Admissions & Records
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
1420 Austin Bluffs Pkwy
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
* Transcripts must be sent exactly to the address above.
- Apr 15th for Summer Semester
- Jun 15th for Fall Semester
- Nov 15th for Spring Semester
Due to individual state regulations, we are accepting students from these states:
- New Mexico
- South Dakota
Students are admitted to our program as a resident of an approved state in which they resided at the time of application. If a student plans to relocate, the student must verify the list of approved states and check with states directly to assure the ability to continue in our program. Some States may require additional paperwork and contract agreements~ Give lead time for this process.
For specific questions not answered here, contact our prospective nursing advisor Linda Goodwin at email@example.com or 719.255.3867.
*3 credit hours of NURS 4450 Community Health clinical must be arranged by the student with faculty approval within the home community There are important DEADLINES the semester prior to taking Community Health. ~Watch for notifications in your UCCS email account. | NURS 3010 Pathophysiology - credit may be transferred in OR this course may be taken on site at the UCCS campus.