- Submit official transcripts from all previous colleges and universities attended
- Submit English Proficiency Requirements (check out details here)
- $100.00 application fee (Online or Mail)
- Official high school transcript translated to English or GED (unless graduated high school prior to 1988)
Official secondary school transcripts certified and translated to English (final three years). We require transcripts from each and every collegiate institution attended during and after graduation from high school. In addition, applicants with any foreign college course-work are required to submit a course-by-course foreign degree evaluation by a NACES Member to be considered to receive transfer credits at UCCS.
- ACT/SAT scores (only if you have taken the tests)
UCCS requires that you submit an official score report for either the SAT I or the ACT. Scores will be considered official if submitted electronically by the testing agency or if they are included on the official high school transcript. We receive electronic transmissions of ACT and SAT I scores from the testing agencies each week, and we will automatically update your application with any new scores received by our application deadlines.
Your highest scores are used in the admission decision. If you take the same test more than once, we combine your scores on each subsection to give you the highest overall composite score.
UCCS's ACT code is 0535 and the SAT code is 4874.
Starting December 1 admitted students can apply for scholarships through their student portal. From the UCCS home page select the current students tab. Under the quick links you can select the MyUCCS Portal. Once you are in your portal navigate to the student center and click on the scholarship application link under the finances heading. You will then be asked to answer a series of questions before entering the scholarship application. Scholarship applications will ask for a variety of materials ranging from resumes to essays. The winter break is a great time to work on scholarship applications!
Once you are accepted into your designed program at UCCS, you will be notified by email.
Upon Acceptance, please complete the following steps as soon as possible:
1. Claim your UCCS email account
Once you are admitted, it will take the IT department 1-2 business days to create your new student account. Once your student account is created, you will need to claim it at https://accounts.uccs.edu.
By claiming your account you will set up your student e-mail and student portal. Admitted students can log into their UCCS student portal to apply for scholarships at UCCS.
2. Submit your final official transcripts
Once all your final grades are posted from your current institution, you will need to order an official transcript and have it mailed directly to our office of admissions. This step is very important especially if you need a degree plan or credit evaluation before the start of your study at UCCS.
3. Complete the online international orientation on blackboard
Completing online orientation will fulfill your orientation requirement. Please complete online orientation as soon as your receive the instruction from the Orientation Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Step One: Complete the online orientation modules in Blackboard.
- Step Two: Register for classes
- Please allow 2-5 business days after you complete online orientation for the Orientation Office to release your orientation hold.
- Once your information has been processed, you will receive a final e-mail from the Orientation Office with your academic advisor's contact information and your enrollment date/time. Your academic advisor will contact you through e-mail within 10 business after the Orientation Office is aware that you completed online orientation.
Note for Sponsored Students
If you are a sponsored student and need a credit evaluation form and degree plan from UCCS to get your sponsorship letter, you will need to complete the above steps in order to obtain the credit evaluation form and degree plan. It typically takes an academic advisor 7 business days to respond to you with s/he has your final transcripts/course by course evaluation (if your transcripts are from foreign countries) and the system notice of your completion of the online international orientation.
4. Obtain I-20 or SEVIS Transfer
- Transferring from a non-U.S. institution
If you are transferring from a non-U.S. institution, you will receive an email to submit your financial letter and the instructions to fill out the I-20 request form.
- Transferring from an institution within the U.S.
If you are transferring from an institution within the U.S., you will receive the I-20 transfer in Form. Please work with your DSO/International Advisor at your current school to complete the SEVIS transfer process.
5. Sign up for Mandatory International Welcome and Check in
Our International Student Welcome and Mandatory Check-in is a special event designed to provide you with information and tools necessary to navigate your new home as smoothly as possible. . This is an exciting week-long events but the sessions are mandatory for all F-1 and J-1 students. It is a great resource for you to learn about the community and complete your mandatory SEVIS reporting. Check out information here.