The I-Workshops are workshops and information sessions offered to help international students better navigate life in the U.S. Professional staff from UCCS offices and partners will deliver sessions on topics that will benefit international students, including academics, immigration, employment, health insurance, and more. Join us for these informative sessions! Note: Sessions during I-WOW week August 15-17 are for new students, but are open to any interested student.
Fall 2018 Schedule:
- Employment, Internships, OPT and CPT (w/ UCCS Career Center) - learn about options available for international students to experience internships and employment during and after their degree studies.
- August 16, 9:00am, Copper House 9202
- Health Insurance and Health Care in the U.S. - attend this session to have an overview of the complex and confusing health care and health insurance systems in the U.S.
- August 16, 10:00am, Copper House 9202
- Immigration Information - 'Staying Legal' - For a deeper understanding of the requirements of F-1 and J-1 status and to have your questions answered, come to this session.
- August 16, 12:00noon, Copper House 9202
- Tips for International Students and Open Forum - bring your questions about any UCCS and U.S. topic, and hear about the pathways to success in the U.S. academic system and immigration environment.
- August 16, 1:00pm, Copper House 9202
- OPT (offered 3 times, choose only one) - graduating students are invited to this session to learn about how to apply for Optional Practical Training, work permission after graduation.
- September 7, 3:00pm, Columbine 103
- September 14, 3:00pm, Copper House 9202
- November 15, 3:00pm, University Center 124
- Options After Graduation for International Students (w/ Immigration Attorney Steven Williams) - This session will discuss OPT, the H-1B program, and other visa statuses that may be available for students after their graduation.
- Tuesday, 11/13, 2:00pm, University Center 303
- American Workplace Culture - An Introduction for International Students (w/ UCCS Career Center) - If you plan to participate in OPT then this session will be useful. The UCCS Career Center will explore cultural aspects of the American workplace, including networking and communication, gender roles, job expectations, dressing for success, and more.
- Thursday, 11/15, 4:30pm, University Center 124
- Resumes and Interviewing - Tips for International Students (UCCS Career Center) - Come to this session to have a good overview of successful U.S.-style resumes, and practice good interviewing skills.
- Thursday, 11/29, 3:30pm, Cragmor 106