The University of Colorado’s Intercampus Interdisciplinary Studies Degree is designed to offer maximum flexibility for students whose interests and professional aspirations span many disciplines. While requiring a high level of self-direction on the part of students, this program also offers students active guidance by faculty and academic advisors.
Key features of this program include:
- Students design majors around interdisciplinary topics of professional and personal interest
- Students, guided by advisors, take initiative in directing their own education not just through the choice of interdisciplinary topics but also through required experiential learning opportunities.
- Students learn how to analyze and apply knowledge gained from multiple disciplines.
- Students choose from among a large set of courses offered across the Boulder, Colorado Springs, and Denver campuses.
- Degree focuses on fostering graduates who are able to write, problem solve, and communicate verbally
- Students have the option to complete the full degree in three years