Students can develop and submit an Interdisciplinary Studies plan for approval. The plan must include all of the elements listed below:
- Present a clear and persuasive case for the interdisciplinary nature of the problem or question.
- Draw from at least two departments in LAS or from at least one department in LAS and one department in another college.
- Incorporate at least 36 credits, 27 of which must be from courses at the 3000-level or higher.
- Require a creative project, community outreach, social action project, internship, or education abroad or nationally.
- Require a summit experience that demonstrates the fusion and integration of these fields studied.
Before embarking on such a program of study, a student must negotiate an Individually Structured Interdisciplinary Plan with a faculty member. Please contact the Program Director, Janice Thorpe (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information on requirements and timeline to submit a proposal.