Download the New Employee Checklist
All new hires should attend New Hire Orientation within their first 31 days to get the most relevant information related to employee benefits and other important campus information. Download the 2018 Schedule
Here is what you need to know in order to begin your appointment:
Within the first three days of employment, all employees are required to submit the following documentation to the Office of Human Resources in Cragmor Hall 110 in order to begin working and get paid:
- E-Verify/Employment Eligibility Verification - you must bring supporting documents to complete the E-Verify (online) process
- Faculty Pledge (for teaching faculty)
- Official transcripts for the most advanced degree earned relevant to your appointment sent from the degree granting institution. These may be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Hire Information
- PERA Member Information Form (for Classified Staff or others with active PERA accounts)
In addition, you will need to enter your emergency contact, personal information, bank information and tax withholding allowance information in the Employee Portal (information follows).
IT Account/Email Address/Employee ID Number/Employee ID Card
Once your initial hire paperwork is completed, Hr will issue you an Employee ID Number.
- You can verify your IT username and set up a password at UCCS/Claim Your Account, or by contacting IT at (719) 255-3536.
- Once you have an Employee ID number, bring a photo ID to the Information Desk on the ground floor of the University Center to have an official UCCS ID card issued.
Verify Personal Information in myUCCS Employee Portal
While you are in the myUCCS Employee Portal, you must verify and edit, if necessary, the following information:
Click on> My Info
- Phone number(s)
- Emergency Contact(s)
Click on> My Compensation
- Direct Deposit
In order to update direct deposit information, employees may choose to have the system call the employee's phone number on file or be sent a code via text message. If the employee's phone number does not match what the system has on file, you will need to log in to your portal and update your phone number in My Info (see above). If you no longer use the phone number on file, please call Human Resources at (719) 255-3372 to request a change.
Having trouble entering your direct deposit?
Please view this step-by-step guide for assistance.
Mandatory Certification and Training
You must complete the mandatory certification and training within 60 days of hire:
Online training in SkillSoft: SkillSoft can be accessed through the Quick Links tile in the myUCCS Employee Portal. Click on Quick Links>Start SkillSoft>then search for the training ID number in search bar
- F00001 CU: Fiscal Code of Ethics
- U00063 CU: Information Security and Privacy Awareness
- U00135 CU: Discrimination and Harassment - UCCS
- U00156 CU: FERPA for Faculty (for teaching faculty)
Training outside of SkillSoft:
- Contact the Office of Institutional Equity to complete mandatory SAVE Act training (send an email to email@example.com with "SaVE Training" in the subject line and your contact information in the body of the email)
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure Survey (must be completed yearly)
Benefits-eligible employees must make their benefits elections within 30 days of their hire date. If you do not enroll or waive coverage within this period, you will be automatically enrolled in employee-only coverage in the university default plans. You will not be able to change this until open enrollment for the next plan year (open enrollment occurs in May for a plan year beginning July 1).
Benefits-eligible employees must contact Employee Services at 1-855-216-7740 (option #3) to make an appointment. You can speak to a benefits counselor by phone or meet with a counselor on campus. A benefits counselor is on campus once per month (usually the second Tuesday of the month). Before your appointment, be sure to familiarize yourself with available benefit plans located on the Employee Services Website.
Does your position require access to HCM?
If your position requires access to HCM; identify your role and access needs with your supervisor. Please visit the HCM Access and Training page to view any additional training you may have to take for your role.