Dear HealthCircle Primary Care Patients,
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to evolve, we want to assure you that the UCCS HealthCircle Clinics are working to protect our patients/clients, staff, students and the Colorado Springs community.
In an effort to keep you and your family safe we have implemented the following:
- In the Primary Care Clinic we are screening each person who calls for an appointment to determine if it is appropriate for you to come for a visit or if we can meet your needs via a tele-health visit. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE PRIMARY CARE CLINIC if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or if you think you may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Instead, please call the Primary Care Clinic for guidance at 719.255.8001. Our team of health care providers will assess your case and help with determining the next best steps for you.
- We are temporarily adjusting the way we deliver your health care by rescheduling or canceling non-essential appointments. We are doing this to protect you and your family from any unnecessary exposures. In the future we may be calling you about canceling or rescheduling an appointment in our office. As always if you are not feeling well and have questions about your health, please call us at 719.255.8001 to determine how we can best serve you. Our primary goal is to help you be well and keep you, your family and the community safe during the COVID 19 crisis.
Please stay safe and follow the following recommendations:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, following the CDC’s infection control guidelines.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath and are doing well with your symptoms, remain at home and self-isolate to prevent the spread to others
- If you are ill with symptoms of COVID-19 and feel you are getting worse, please call us at 719.255.8001 to talk with a health care provider about what you should do next
Sources of Information on COVID – 19
- Centers for Disease Control – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Colorado Department of Health and Environment – https://www.colorado.gov/cdphe
- El Paso County Health Department - https://www.elpasocountyhealth.org/
- World Health Organization – https://www.who.int/
- UCCS COVID Website - https://covid19.uccs.edu/
Thank you for doing your part to keep health care workers and the public safe during this challenging time. We are here to help you navigate the quickly changing situation and want to support you in all aspects of your health. We are all in this together. Stay safe and be well.
Serving the Colorado Springs community.
Healthcare that partners with you.
Offering a full-range of personal healthcare services in one convenient location.
- Extended appointments to give you quality time with your provider
- Nurse-managed, personalized care for primary care and behavioral health issues
- Quality and committed customer service
- Convenient location and hours
- Most major insurances accepted
Mission and Values
Our mission: Partner with and empower you in a Nurse Practitioner directed environment where holistic clinical practice, education and research intersect to help achieve your health care goals.
Our Values: Accountability, Care, Collaboration, Commitment, Dignity, Integrity, Quality, Respect
Why Nurse-Managed Primary Care?
As healthcare continues to evolve, individuals and families may face challenges accessing high quality and affordable primary care. For nearly half a century now, nurse practitioners have been able to change the face of primary care delivery within our community. Our Advanced Practice Nurses are highly-educated practitioners with years of experience working to increase affordable health care access in the Pikes Peak Region. These clinicians strive to provide personalized care that addresses each patient's individual needs.
Here at the UCCS HealthCircle Primary Care Clinic, we are committed to listening, engaging, collaborating and empowering our patients. We strive to help our patients navigate an intimidating health care system and meet their individual health goals. Our providers will partner with clinics within our facility as well as outside providers to tailor your health care. Through partnerships with your health care team, you will be given guidance to achieve your specific health goals.
Why an Academic Environment Matters
Academic health centers have long been recognized as providing the very best in health care. The UCCS HealthCircle Primary Care Clinic encompasses teaching, research, and patient care. We are developing the next generation of providers and will be helping fill the expanding need for primary care providers in our community. Research within the academic health sciences center will allow us to implement and evaluate our innovations in health and wellness.
The primary care clinic nurse practitioners and staff will work with the Lane Center research team to implement and evaluate integrated models of health care and wellness to improve our patients' quality of life and their health care experiences.
“I can without hesitation recommend the UCCS Primary Care Clinic at the Lane Center to the Colorado Springs community. I received excellent care from knowledgeable and friendly professionals at my first appointment and fully intend to continue to make it my choice for future primary care.”
“I have had a very positive experience with the Lane Center Primary Care Clinic! The staff is very friendly. They are willing to sit down and discuss any concerns I had and did not rush to get me out the door. I would highly recommend the Primary Care Clinic at the Lane Center and plan to make this my first choice for health care needs – Thanks to you all!”
“I am delighted with the care and advice that I get from the Primary Care Clinic at the Lane Center. People there are knowledgeable, concerned, and sensitive. I could not be more pleased with the way I have been treated there, and I’ll continue going back for regular check-ups or whenever a need arises.”
Last updated 05.24.2017
Acute Illnesses Treatment
- Abdominal pain
- Allergic reactions
- Eye Pain/discharge
- Flu & flu shots
- Gynecological infections
- Nausea and vomiting
- Skin infections
- Sore throats
- Upper respiratory illnesses/cough
- Urinary tract/kidney infections
- And more
Mental Health Care
- Psychiatric medication management
- Behavioral Health Counseling
- Diagnosis and treatment of
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Personality Disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Other mental health conditions
Acute Injury Treatment
- Animal and insect bites
- Back pain
- Minor burns
- Minor sprains/strains
- Annual Physicals
- Sports Physicals
- Vaccinations: Tetanus or flu shot
- Tuberculosis (TB) skin test
Health & Wellness Promotion
- Stress management
- Weight loss
- Smoking cessation
- Family planning
- Routine blood draws
- Oxygen administration
- Pulse oximetry
- Rapid strep/mono/flu tests
- Urine analysis
- 12 lead EKG
- Nebulizer treatment
Chronic Disease Management
- Congestive heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Metabolic syndrome
- Well woman visit
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI)
- Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Enlarged prostate
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI)
Patricia Bursnall, FNP-C
Sherry McCormick, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC
Jill Moore, PsyD
Daniel San Miguel, DNP, FNP-C
Maureen Storch, RN, BSN, FNP-BC
Tricia Thornton, MSN, RN, APRN, ANP-BC
Deb Tuffield, DNP, APRN, FNP-C
Kristen Vandenberg, DNP, PMHNP-BC, FNP
Mary Claire Wahl, DNP, APRN, CNM
Basheer, Medical Assistant
Ana, Medical Assistant
Samantha, Medical Assistant
PATRICIA BURSNALL, MA, MSN, FNP-C
Tricia has a Master’s degree in both Counseling and Nursing Science. She is a nationally certified Family Nurse Practitioner and has been practicing since 2014; she is currently pursuing a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner degree as well. Tricia was a trauma and surgical nurse for three years and a licensed counselor for seven years prior to this. She also has previous certifications in massage therapy and personal training, helping her learn the body in a more holistic way. Tricia believes in treating the whole person, and is invested in providing care to all people, particularly the underserved. She is dedicated to the LGBTQ community and has experience with many LGBTQ and questioning youths in her past career as a counselor and current work as a Family Nurse Practitioner. Tricia has lived in Colorado Springs, with her husband and child, since 1998, and enjoys riding her mountain bike, practicing yoga, hiking, and coaching and volunteering for a local high school mountain biking team.
Daniel San Miguel, DNP, FNP-C
Daniel joined UCCS HealthCircle in the summer of 2019. He began his nursing career as a critical care registered nurse in San Diego, California after earning his Bachelor of Science in Nursing from San Diego State University in 2009. After gaining vast experience in critical care, he returned to graduate school and earned his Doctor of Nursing Practice degree with emphasis as a Family Nurse Practitioner from the University of San Diego in 2015. His experience as a Nationally Certified Family Nurse Practitioner has been in the area of Internal Medicine managing chronic conditions and the complexities of aging. Daniel enjoys working with motivated individuals to prevent disease, manage chronic conditions, and improve quality of life. As an immigrant from Mexico, Daniel appreciates and welcomes diversity and culture into his practice and strongly believes in patient-centered care where the patient’s values guide clinical decision-making. Daniel is also a full-time Assistant Professor at the Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at UCCS teaching graduate level nursing courses. Daniel, his wife, and 3 children moved from the west coast for the very first time to come to Colorado Springs and are enjoying the outdoors, taking care of a small farm, and all the natural beauty the region has to offer.
Maureen Storch, RN, BSN, FNP-BC
Maureen is a Family Nurse Practitioner who completed her Master of Science in Nursing at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1997. Maureen retired from the United States Army Nurse Corps in 2006 and moved to Colorado Springs with her family in 2007. Maureen has been working in urgent care for the past 10 years and is looking forward to serving as a Primary Care Provider at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs Lane Center. She is an adjunct faculty member for the Graduate Nursing Program at Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences, providing clinical site visits for nurse practitioner students. Maureen is also a medical consultant for the Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind. Maureen, her husband Jeff and their 4 children enjoy everything Colorado has to offer especially spending time together.
Deborah Tuffield, DNP, RN, APN, FNP-C, CCRN-k
Deb began her nursing career with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from the University of Missouri Columbia, gaining unparalleled experience in critical care and vascular access, while also establishing herself as a respected nurse. Currently working as Nursing Faculty and as a Family Nurse Practitioner for the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS), Deborah is widely known for her interest in working with the LGBTQ community, and care of transgender people expertise. In fact, UCCS is where Deborah conducted her doctoral quality improvement project titled “Improving the Secondary Prevention of the LGBTQ Population”. Deborah completed her Doctor of Nursing Practice from the University of Colorado Anschutz this spring. Deborah has lived in Colorado since 1994, and enjoys gardening, sewing, making stained glass, walking for exercise, and playing children’s video games.
Patricia Thornton, MSN, ANP-BC
Though not quite a native, Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP) Tricia has been a member of the Colorado Springs community for over 20 years. Tricia started her nursing education in 2002 at Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at UCCS. While a student nurse Tricia started working in healthcare as a clinical assistant at the County-City Employee Medical Clinic (a nurse managed clinic). After earning her Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Beth-El Tricia varied her professional nursing expertise over four years from surgical and orthopedic to step-down trauma and urgent care. Tricia went on academically to earn her Master of Science degree from Daemen College in Western New York. Subsequently she became nationally board certified as an ANP. Tricia has extensive experience in the specialty of urology. In addition, Tricia has earned her Professional Advancement Certificate in Gerontology. Tricia is thrilled to be a part of the Lane Center Primary Care Clinic and to have come full circle back to a nurse managed clinic. In her spare time, Tricia enjoys traveling, baking, and spending time with her family.
Mary Claire Wahl, DNP, APRN, CNM
Mary Claire is an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse and Certified Nurse Midwife. She has over 25 years of experience providing Women’s Health care. She graduated from Georgetown University with a Master of Science in Nursing and obtained her Doctor of Nursing Practice from CU Anschutz Medical Campus. Mary Claire is a Senior Instructor in the nursing programs at UCCS. Mary Claire enjoys hiking and skiing with her husband and 3 children.
Basheer – Medical Assistant
Basheer is a Certified Medical Assistant and Certified Pharmacy Technician. He graduated from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Nigeria with a degree in MBBS. Basheer moved to the United States in 2016 and has been living in Colorado Springs since. Basheer provides excellent clinical support and enjoys reading, playing soccer and hanging out with family and friends.
Ana – Medical Assistant
Ana Maria Mullen is a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant. She graduated in 2004 from Gwinnet College in Georgia. Ana has experience in both clinical and hospital settings, as well as front desk procedures. She is a compassionate and caring individual who enjoys spending time with her family, nature, hiking and reading.
Samantha - Medical Assistant
Please download and fill out the appropriate form and bring it with you to your visit.
All forms require Adobe Reader to open.
- Patient Information Sheet rev 02.12.2020
- Privacy Practice Signature Page rev 02.26.2014
- New Patient Questionnaire rev 03.05.2015
- Well Male Exam Form rev 02.18.2015
- Well Woman Exam Form rev 03.09.2018
- Patient Financial and Billing Information Form rev 02.12.2020
- HIPAA / Patient Contact Consent rev 02.12.2020
- Consent to Treat Form rev 02.12.2020
- Authorization for Release of Medical Records rev 02.12.2020
- UCCS HealthCircle Notice of Privacy Practices rev 07.01.2015
- UCCS HCPCC Welcome Letter
Last updated 03.05.2015
- Anthem (PPO, High Deductible Plan)
- Anthem CU Exclusive Plan
- United Healthcare
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans
Other Payment Options
Low-cost self-pay options are available.
Fee Schedule rev 02.12.2020
Contracts are under negotiation with additional insurers. Please call for more information.
Call 719-255-8001 to schedule an appointment.
UCCS HealthCircle Primary Care Clinic
Lane Center for Academic Health Sciences Building
4863 North Nevada Avenue, Suite 250
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday
7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Please park in the parking spots labeled HealthCircle.