To all of our patients/clients: In light of the public concern regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are doing what we can to keep you and your family safe. We are working in conjunction with UCCS, the El Paso County Health Department, the Colorado Department of Health and Environment, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). At the current time the CDC and the local health department report that the risk to most people is believed to be low. Those individuals at the highest risk are those who have traveled to areas where widespread community transmission is occurring, those who have had direct close contact with a person confirmed to have COVID-19, and older adults with chronic medical conditions.
What can you do to prevent the spread of disease?
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
- Use an alcohol based hand sanitizer with at least 70% ethyl alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose with unwashed hands
- Stay at home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze
- Avoid unnecessary travel
Signs and symptoms of Coronavirus include:
- Shortness of breath
If you have had close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or recent travel from an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19 and the above symptoms. Please call our office before coming to the clinic.
Peak Nutrition Clinic helps individuals with a combination of personal counseling, workshops, and team services. In addition to weight management, the clinic addresses eating disorders, gluten intolerance and allergies, gastrointestinal disorders, nutrition for older adults and teens.
- General Consultation. We provide specific nutrition-related guide to help with medical issues.
- Comprehensive assessments. We conduct in-depth medical history reviews, individualized meal plans and provide a basic exercise prescription.
Please contact us about specific prices, available discounts, and other services including workshops, corporate wellness lectures, cooking demonstrations and grocery store tours.
“I have been on the nutrition program 2.5 years and I have lost about 78 pounds on it and one of the main reasons is the coaching I have received from Julie Anderson. Her knowledge, caring nature and patience are exemplary and the support I receive from her in the hard times makes the effort better. Even in those time that I have not made progress Julie is positive and helpful, I look forward to the help each week.”
“Julie has been the number one partner in my weight loss journey. She takes the time to not only understand my fitness and nutrition goals, but balances that against who I am as a person when offering me suggestions. I look forward to meeting with her every few weeks and working together to make adjustments that will continue to make my new fitness a lifestyle and not a moment in time. I cannot recommend her highly enough as a partner in this journey”
“As a figure skater, I was horrified when I realized I had gained 15 pounds seemingly overnight. As a nurse, I was skeptical of what a dietitian could teach me that I didn't already know. Julie completely changed the way I approached eating, personalized a meal plan, and encouraged me every step of the way. 25 pounds later I look and feel great and the monthly check in's keep me accountable to myself. Julie is the best!”
Basic Nutrition Services
Includes individualized meal & activity plan
|General Consults &
Follow up program as necessary
- Weight control
- General wellness
- Cardiovascular health
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid disorders
- Food intolerance and allergies
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Vegan and vegetarian nutrition
We serve patients who have had the following procedures:
- Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Gastric Bypass
- Adjustable gastric banding
- Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch
Our bariatric nutrition services for these types of patients include:
- Initial pre-op patient readiness assessment if needed
- Assistance with medically supervised weight loss before surgery, if needed
- Initial comprehensive nutrition education covering the 10-day pre-surgery diet through one year post-op
- Ongoing monthly follow-up program to better ensure long term weight loss success after surgery
- Nutrition workshops
- Body composition assessment
- Corporate wellness assessment
- Exercise prescription
- Cooking demonstrations
Frances Treat, RD
Frances Treat, RD
Frances earned a Bachelor's degree in Health Science with an emphasis in Nutrition at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs (UCCS) as well as completing the UCCS ISPP Dietetic Internship and went on to become a Registered Dietitian in 2015. She has been working as an outpatient clinical dietitian for the UCCS HealthCircle Peak Nutrition Clinic for two years, administering medical nutrition therapy to patients for a wide variety of medical conditions including nutrition therapy for obesity related disorders. She has prior inpatient clinical experience working in a hospital setting as well has having a prior professional career within the Department of Defense. Having changed careers later in life, Frances is now dedicated to educating her clients in nutrition and takes a proactive approach to health and wellness.
All forms require Adobe Reader to open.
- 20 Ways to Enjoy More Fruits & Vegetables
- 25 Healthy Snacks for Kids
- Allergies to Food
- Allergy Elimination Diet
- Balancing Your Meals
- Cholesterol and Triglycerides
- Control Stress Eating
- Eating Right for Older Adults
- Fast Food Choices
- Gluten Free Diet
- Gluten Free Tips
- Grilling Safety
- Healthy Eating on the Run
- High-Fiber Diet
- Label Reading
- Magic 500 kcals
- Meal Planning
- Mindful Eating and Hunger
- Mindful Eating
- Mineral Guide
- Nutrition Tip of the Day
- Nutritional Tips
- Omega-3 Fats
- Omega-3, 6, and 9 Fats
- Saturated & Unsaturated Fats
- Snacking Smart
- Snacks to go Anywhere
- Soluble & Insoluble Fiber
- Vitamin Guide
- Weight Gain
- Wheat-Free Diet
- Berry Chia Smoothie
- Kale Quinoa SuperPower Salad
- No-cook Apple Cinnamon Superfood Oatmeal
- Breakfast Trail Mix
- Cranberry Sweet Potato Bread
- Crockpot Chicken Stuffing
- Crockpot Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Crockpot Sweet and Spicy Meatballs
- Grilled Zucchini with Fresh Mozzarella
- National Nutrition Month Recipes
- Project Lean Recipes
- Sweet Potato Chili with Peanuts
Personal checks, cash, and credit cards are accepted.
A detailed bill will be provided which may be submitted to your insurance provider for possible reimbursement.
Some major insurances accepted - we will help determine your plan or policy's eligibility.
We accept self-pay.
UCCS HealthCircle Peak Nutrition Clinic
Lane Center for Academic Health Sciences Building
4863 North Nevada Avenue, Suite 250
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday
7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Please park in the parking spots labeled HealthCircle.