Dear HealthCircle Patients/Clients,
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to evolve, we want to assure you that the UCCS HealthCircle Clinics are working to protect our patients/clients, staff, students and the Colorado Springs community.
In an effort to keep you and your family safe we have implemented the following:
Several of our clinics have either temporarily closed, like the Center for Active Living and the Aging Center (current Aging Center clients can discuss tele-health options with their clinician), or gone to tele-health visits only, Trauma Health and Hazards Center, and Peak Nutrition.
- The Aging Center, in line with UCCS campus policy, is currently closed until May 15, 2020. If you are a current client, please call your clinician. For general inquiries, please call 719-255-8002.
- The Center for Active Living, in line with UCCS campus policy, is currently not holding face-to face sessions until further notice. Several of our programs are still being offered virtually in some capacity to continue serving our clients. For additional information and wellness resources please email Paige Whitney at .
- In the Primary Care Clinic, we are screening each person who calls for an appointment to determine if it is appropriate for you to come for a visit or if we can meet your needs via a tele-health visit. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE PRIMARY CARE CLINIC if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or if you think you may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Instead, please call the Primary Care Clinic for guidance at 719.255.8001. Our team of health care providers will assess your case and help with determining the next best steps for you.
We are temporarily adjusting the way we deliver your health care by rescheduling or canceling non-essential appointments. We are doing this to protect you and your family from any unnecessary exposures. In the future we may be calling you about canceling or rescheduling an appointment in our office. Please be aware that this call may come from an unknown or blocked phone number. Our primary goal is to help you be well and keep you, your family and the community safe during the COVID 19 crisis.
Please stay safe and follow these recommendations:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, following the CDC’s infection control guidelines.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath and are doing well with your symptoms, remain at home and self-isolate to prevent the spread to others
- If you are ill with symptoms of COVID-19 and feel you are getting worse, please call us at 719.255.8001 to talk with a health care provider about what you should do next
Sources of Information on COVID – 19
- Centers for Disease Control – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Colorado Department of Health and Environment – https://www.colorado.gov/cdphe
- El Paso County Health Department - https://www.elpasocountyhealth.org/
- World Health Organization – https://www.who.int/
- UCCS COVID Website - https://covid19.uccs.edu/
Thank you for doing your part to keep health care workers and the public safe during this challenging time. We are here to help you navigate the quickly changing situation and want to support you in all aspects of your health. We are all in this together. Stay safe and be well.
“From our first visit to UCCS's HealthCircle Primary Care Clinic, my husband and I have been impressed by the quality of our care. Deborah discussed my symptoms with me and referred me quickly to a specialist; she and Jeff both helped my husband find solutions to several concerns he has had for years. Nicole has been terrific at following up on our visits by phone.
We never felt rushed, or that our concerns were not being taken seriously. I am so glad we chose to make the switch to HealthCircle.”
– Kimbra L. Smith, Ph.D
“I can without hesitation recommend the UCCS Primary Care Clinic at the Lane Center to the Colorado Springs community. I received excellent care from knowledgeable and friendly professionals at my first appointment and fully intend to continue to make it my choice for future primary care.”
– Mary Rovira