*Note: UCCS Scholarships are available through the student portal for admitted students, this means you have to be accepted to a graduate program before you can apply. Please keep this in mind and apply as early as you can for the best financial opportunities. Visit the Scholarship department website for more information.
Click on the following for more details:
- Awarded to Colorado residents enrolled in a minimum of four credit hours in a STEM major who fall within an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) range of 0-4600. To be considered, you must apply with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1st Awards are up to $4,000 per year. UCCS's school code is 004509.
- Merit-based awards that contribute to educating graduate students and moving the university research mission forward. Students must be fully admitted to an on campus graduate program, and be engaged in full (5 or more credits/semester) or part time (1 to 4 credits/semester) study to be eligible for the fellowship. If the graduate student fails to meet the credit/semester requirement, the fellowship is forfeited. Ask your program of interest for more details on how to be nominated.
- Click here for more information
The Josephine Benavidez Graduate Scholarship is for full-time students enrolled in graduate programs in the College of Letters, Arts and Sciences who are the first generation in their family to attend college. Deadline is 3/1 each year. More information here
- Need-based award for full-time graduate students. Eligible students must demonstrate financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than March 1st. Awards are typically $500. Applicants need to fill out the UCCS Scholarship Application and submit an essay no more than 500 words on a special essay topic. Students will be notified of results in the beginning of April. Deadline: 03/01 each year
- For more information: Lind Scholarship
- The Graduate School Mentored Doctoral Fellowship is a competitive award sponsored by the Graduate School that supports the professional development of doctoral students from any doctoral program. Awards are for outstanding advanced doctoral students who are engaged in professional development activities beyond coursework (e.g., research, teaching, clinic work; practicum, etc.). The fellowship provides tuition support as well as living expenses up to $25,000 (of unmet need). Students receiving substantial support (>$20,000) from other university sources are not eligible.
- Deadline: March 1st each year
- For more information and application: Graduate School Mentored Doctoral Fellowship
- On-campus and off-campus opportunities are available that can enhance your education and transferable work skills while assisting you in paying for graduate school.
- Prospective students can apply for jobs on S.E.A.N. using a Guest Access: Username: 999999999 & Password: 090909
- For more information: Student Employment
- Note: Travel award applications for Spring 2019 are closed. Please see the instructions below for fall 2019 and spring 2020 application dates.
- Travel Award Instructions and Eligibility
- Graduate School Travel Award Application
- Travel Award Budget Worksheet (optional)
- For more information, contact Sarah Elsey at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Awarded to full-time graduate students who fall within an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) range of 0-4600. To be considered, you must apply with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1st . Awards are up to $4,000 per year. UCCS's school code is 004509.
- The Family Development Center (FDC) offers child-care scholarship for undergraduate or graduate students. This scholarship for UCCS students can be used solely for the purpose of paying child care costs at the Family Development Center. The scholarship amount will vary depending upon individual needs and fund availability.
- For more information please click here.
- Residents from AK, AZ, CA, HI, ID, MT, NV, NM, ND, OR, SD, UT, WA, and WY are eligible to pay in-state tuition rates for qualifying programs only*. The benefit is automatically applied to qualified students' tuition bill based on their legal residency. Effective Fall 2013. *(Applied Geography, Communication, Counseling & Human Services, TESOL/CLDE (online), Public Administration, Psychological Science, Sociology & Space Operations only).