UCCS offers a variety of academic and professional development resources to assist you throughout your graduate career.
Click on the following for more details:
- The College of Business Career and Placement Office provides graduate business students with assistance in career development, including career counseling, resume review, internships, and career development workshops.
- For more information: College of Business Career and Placement Office
- EPIIC assists creative individuals and organizations in transforming innovative ideas into economic opportunity and serves as a catalyst to create a community that fosters the communication, collaboration, and sharing of resources necessary for a thriving environment of entrepreneurship and successful startup ventures, particularly in the Southern Colorado region.
- For more information: El Pomar Institute for Innovation and Commercialization (EPIIC)
- Includes Language Center; Mathematics Center; Communication Center; Science Center; Writing Center, which are all designed to provide critical academic and individual support to all students in the University in all major academic areas, both within and beyond the classroom.
- For more information: Excel Centers for Academic Excellence
- Summary of services
- The Kraemer Family Library has a vast amount of materials, services, and resources to assist you in your graduate study. Instruction in the use of the library is provided in many classes in all of the colleges. The Library also offers general workshops on different topics throughout the semester. You may contact a librarian for individual assistance on your research (consult the list of liaison librarians to determine which librarian works with your particular department). Students also have access to Prospector, which is a unified catalog of academic, public and special libraries in Colorado and Wyoming. With a single search you can identify and borrow materials from the collections and have them delivered to your local library.
- For more information: Kraemer Family Library
- During the past decade, UCCS has experienced tremendous growth in enrollment, course offerings, and campus facilities. In the last ten years, the university's extramural funding has grown from three million to over nine million dollars annually. In addition to this substantial increase in funding, the number of faculty submitting proposals for external funding has grown 40%. Please contact the faculty in your graduate program to learn about their research endeavors.
- For more information: Office of Research and Innovation
- This office supports students and faculty who seek to acquire and manage externally sponsored programs for research, training, and other activities. Examples of resources included are: links to policies & procedures, information regarding compliance areas such as the involvement of human subjects in research, our required internal proposal routing forms, and resources to locate potential funding opportunities. Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval is needed for most research projects conducted by students and faculty at UCCS. Be sure to visit the Office of Sponsored Programs for more information on obtaining IRB approval for your research.
- For more information: Office of Sponsored Programs