Minor in Geography and Environmental Studies (Updated 5/11/2017)
The Geography and Environmental Studies (GES) minor requires a minimum of 18 credit hours of GES course work, at least 9 of which must be upper-division (3000+ level). Additional hours may be required depending on the Directed Elective chosen. All courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better.
- GES 1000 Environmental Systems: Climate and Vegetation (4 credits) or GES 1010 Environmental Systems: Landforms and Soils (4 credits)
- GES 1980 World Regional Geography (4 credits) or GES 1990 Introduction to Human Geography (4 credits)
- Complete one of the following three:
- GES 2050 - Digital Earth (4 credits)
- GES 3030 - Introduction to GIS (4 credits)
- GES 3060 - Introduction to Remote Sensing (4 credits)
- Complete 6 to 9 credit hours of upper-division (3000+ level) GES elective courses, depending on your choice of elective above.
- Curt Holder (email@example.com)