A minimum value of $500.00 scholarship is available for women geography majors and/or women interested in women's or lesbian studies. The scholarship is available each fall and spring semester and can be used for undergraduate or graduate work.
The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage outstanding undergraduate and graduate women students with declared majors in Geography and Environmental Studies (GES) or in a program emphasizing women's studies or lesbian studies to make the best use of their academic experiences.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 9 semester hours of course work per semester of award.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 semester hours of course work per semester of award.
- The student must be a GES major or in a program emphasizing women's or lesbian studies.
- We encourage applications from returning students and ethnic minorities.
- An individual may only receive the award for a total of two semesters.
- Submit a one page professional goals statement that includes accomplishments, areas of interest, and career goals.
- A copy of the student transcripts from UCCS must also be submitted by the applicant.
- Be sure to provide your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address with your application.
- Submit application materials to Dr. Emily Skop (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications are reviewed twice a year, in November and in April. See posted flyers for deadlines.
In addition to the formal request for applications, the committee will review requests to cover for research related travel expenses (e.g. support for conference attendance). These requests can be submitted at any time during the year. For more information, contact Dr. Emily Skop: email@example.com, Columbine Hall rm. 2021. 719.255.3789.