Broadly, GES seeks to
- broaden students' understanding of the world in which they live
- produce graduates with an appreciation for the discipline of geography
- prepare students for careers and productive citizenship through lifelong learning
- highlight the importance of inclusivity
Specifically, GES seeks to
- educate students about human and physical processes that shape the natural and cultural landscape
- foster understanding of human-environment interactions and sustainability
- provide technological skills needed to study spatial relationships
More Information About
Meet Our Faculty & Staff
Faculty & Staff
View faculty and staff biographical information and highlights.
Explore Possible Careers
The purpose of the Bachelor of Arts Degree in Geography is to provide students with an understanding of the discipline of geography. This includes courses in physical, human, and cultural geography, as well methods courses that provide exposure to the various tools and techniques of geographic research.