GES offers honors for students who have demonstrated high academic achievement
In order to be considered for departmental honors, a student must:
- have an overall CU GPA of 3.0 or better
- have a 3.5 or better GPA in GES courses
- have a research proposal approved by a GES faculty advisor and select a committee of two other faculty
- enroll in GES 4970 (Honors in Geography)
- complete an oral exam on a research project
The level of honors will be decided by committee after the completion of the requirements. Three levels of honors are available: Distinction, High Distinction, and Highest Distinction.
More Information About
Meet Our Faculty & Staff
Faculty & Staff
View faculty and staff biographical information and highlights.
Explore Possible Careers
The purpose of the Bachelor of Arts Degree in Geography is to provide students with an understanding of the discipline of geography. This includes courses in physical, human, and cultural geography, as well methods courses that provide exposure to the various tools and techniques of geographic research.