Lecture Capture (video and audio desktop recording)
Short, Focused Videos
- Consider chunking lectures into five to ten-minute topical segments, or recording five-minute introductions for chapters or assigned readings to help students prepare for class.
- Post a link to these videos on a Learning Management System along with a quiz.
- Informal personal introductions by the instructor can make a difference in how students perceive the online course environment at the beginning of the semester.
- Camtasia Studio is an efficient program that allows you to record your computer screen while simultaneously capturing audio and video. This is a very convenient tool for recording voiceover presentations for training and creating podcasts.
- We have a recording workstation with Camtasia installed on a PC (there is also a version for Macs) with headsets or a desktop mic for creating screen capture movies.
- The exported recordings can be uploaded to the Mediasite streaming server and linked to your Blackboard course.
- Techsmith, the creator of Camtasia, has numerous tutorials on their website.
Last updated November 7, 2017