The Hewlett Foundation defines Open Educational Resources (OER) as:
“…teaching, learning, and research resources that reside in the public domain or have been released under an intellectual property license that permits their free use and re-purposing by others. Open educational resources include full courses, course materials, modules, textbooks, streaming videos, tests, software, and any other tools, materials, or techniques used to support access to knowledge.”
The keynote presentation by Rajiv Jhangiani at the 2018 COLTT conference is an excellent introduction to the state of textbook costs and the opportunities for OER:
CDHE OER Grant
UCCS has received funding from the Colorado Department of Higher Education for a multi-campus proposal, "Open CU: Building a Sustainable OER Initiative Across the University of Colorado", to promote the awareness, review and evaluation, and adoption or adaptation of OER.
Attend an Informational Session - RSVP email@example.com
Tuesday, April 2, 12:15 – 1:30, El Pomar Center 304C Thursday, April 4, 3:05 – 4:20, Centennial Hall, Room 188 Monday, April 8, 3:05 – 4:20, University Hall, Room 132 Tuesday, April 9, 12:15 – 1:30, Dwire Hall, Room 204 Thursday, April 11, 1:40 – 2:55, El Pomar Center 304C
- Tuesday, April 16, 10:50 – 12:05, Academic Office Building 301
- Wednesday, April 17, 3:05 – 4:20, Columbine Hall 3022
Apply for a Stipend
- $250 stipends for each of 30 faculty members to review and evaluate OER and to share their evaluations broadly, including with state and national colleagues in their disciplines or fields of study. To receive the stipend, faculty members will:
- Attend a face-to-face session
- Complete a self-paced tutorial
- Apply here (download this PDF and open it in Adobe Reader to complete it)
- Deadline: April 22
- $1,000 stipends for each of 10 faculty members to adopt OER, engage in course redesign processes, evaluate the effectiveness of their OER pilots, and share evaluations of their OER pilots broadly, including with state and national colleagues in their disciplines or fields of study.
- More details to come...
- CU system Libraries provide a wealth of resources for finding, evaluating, adopting, and creating OER:
Last updated April 11, 2019