Thursday, January 17, 2019
In this free, on-campus event UCCS faculty, staff, and students from across campus will share innovations and research related to teaching and learning, both inside and outside the classroom. This one day mini-conference will include targeted round table discussions, short TED talk style presentations, and interactive professional development workshops related to all aspects of teaching and learning. This event will also provide an opportunity to connect some of the disparate efforts related to teaching and learning across campus and raise awareness around the various teacher preparation programs offered at UCCS.
Dr. Brenda J. Allen
Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Inclusion
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
"Cultivating Equity in Teaching and Learning"
- Planning for Teaching and Learning
- Classroom Methods
- Instructional Technology
- Classroom Management
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Teaching and Learning Outside the Classroom
- Great Ideas for Teaching (GIFT) Exchange
- In this format presenters will share great ideas for teaching students in an interactive round table format. GIFTs are class-tested activities, assignments, projects, games, simulations, or assessment techniques that you use to increase student learning and engagement in your classroom.
- TED Talk Style Mini Presentation
- This format provides an opportunity to presenters to share a brief (~30 min) TED talk or mini-teaching demonstration. Time for audience discussion will be included at the end of the session.
- Interactive Professional Development Workshop
- This format provides an opportunity for presenters to engage with audience members in a workshop-style setting (~1 hour), allowing for more information sharing, training, and deeper engagement with content.
Please contact conference planner Pat McGuire with any questions.
Last updated January 13, 2019