Quality MattersTM Self-Review
A Quality Matters Self Review allows you to measure your course against the QM Standards prior to conducting a formal QM Review. It can also be used simply to ensure that your online course is providing the highest quality learning experience for your students even if you do not intend to do a formal review. The self review walks you through each of the standards with complete annotation of each standard and helpful recommendations for meeting those standards.
Some important points to note:
- The QM Higher Education Rubric consists of 48 individual standards divided into 8 standards categories
- The standards each have point values ranging from 1 to 3
- As you work through the self review and determine whether or not your course meets each standard, those points are assigned accordingly
- In order to pass a QM review, you must:
- Score 85% or higher of the total points, and
- Meet all of the 3-point ("critical") standards
This video shows you how to create a QM account and conduct a QM Self Review.
- Learn more about the Quality Matters™ Higher Education program.
- Contact the Faculty Resource Center for detailed information on how to conduct a QM Self Review.
Last updated June 16, 2018