Online Course Grants
Theprovides grants for the purpose of helping faculty members develop or enhance their online courses. A limited number of proposals will be funded. Grant recipients will:
- Complete the Teaching Online Certificate Program
- If you completed the Teaching Online Certificate Program before summer 2016, you will need to repeat the program.
- If you completed the Teaching Online Certificate Program during or after summer 2016, you will need to complete
the Online Facilitation Certificate Program
- Teach the course in a subsequent semester
- Submit the completed course for a Quality Matters review
Anyone who plans to teach or is already teaching an online course at UCCS is eligible to apply including full time, part time, and honoraria faculty, and faculty with special appointments.
The grant recipient will work with an Instructional Designer in the Faculty Resource Center to incorporate best practices in teaching online. Faculty members must:
- Plan to develop the course according to the rubric through the during the summer of 2018 or the Online Facilitation Certificate Program during the fall of 2018
- Undergo a Quality Matters Review
- Teach the course online in the fall of 2018 or the spring of 2019
In addition to meeting the above requirements, proposals also need to address one or more of the following criteria:
- Incorporating effective student-faculty and student-student communication
- Integrating reflective or collaborative learning experiences
- Preparing opportunities in which students learn through complex problems and real-world challenges using problem-based and inquiry-based strategies
- Measuring learning through challenging and engaging assessments and rubrics
- Using media/technology in engaging and effective ways
Finally, the proposal must describe how you will gauge the effectiveness of the course development or enhancement through direct and indirect measures, and how you plan to use those evaluations to improve student learning.
Please complete the Online Course Grant form.
- Save the PDF form to your computer.
- Complete it in Adobe Reader (11 or higher) and save it.
- Click the Submit button in the upper right of the form.
The $3,000* grant (minus taxes) will be paid in two phases: $2,000 upon completion of the Teaching Online Certificate Program or Online Facilitation Certificate Program and $1,000 upon passing the Quality Matters Review. (Courses that satisfy Compass Curriculum requirements are eligible to receive an additional stipend from the Compass Curriculum office to be paid after the course is taught.)
Application Deadline - March 16, 2018
The Faculty Resource Center will announce the grant winners in a timely manner.
Last updated October 31, 2017