High Impact Teaching Practices Grant
The High Impact Teaching Practices Grant supports faculty who wish to develop one or more high impact teaching and learning practices (known as HIPs) in a course.
Anyone who teaches at UCCS is eligible to apply, including full-time, part-time, and honoraria faculty, and faculty with special appointments. Online, hybrid, and classroom courses are eligible.
The grant recipient will work with the Faculty Resource Center to incorporate one or more high impact teaching practices into a course. The recipient must:
- Work with the FRC instructional designers and technologists to integrate one or more high impact teaching practices into your course
- Teach the course in the fall of 2018 or the spring of 2019
- Give a presentation at the Faculty Appreciation Luncheon
Your proposal should address one or more of the high impact teaching practices below, and how you plan to use it in your course to improve student learning.
- Collaborative Assignments
- Undergraduate Research
- Diversity/Global Learning
- Service Learning/Community Based Learning
- Capstone Projects
Please complete the High Impact Teaching Practices Grant form.
- Save the PDF form to your computer.
- Complete it in Adobe Reader (11 or higher) and save it.
- Click the Submit button next to the signature line in the form.
The $3,000 grant (minus taxes) will be paid in two phases: $1,500 after designing the high impact teaching strategy and $1,500 after participating in a Faculty at Work interview and article or a Let’s Talk Teaching presentation.
Application Deadline - March 16, 2018, 5:00 PM MT
The Faculty Resource Center will announce the grant recipients in a timely manner.
Last updated February 8, 2018