This program offers faculty an opportunity to discuss teaching, examine the latest research on teaching and learning, and explore new teaching practices in the classroom. Faculty members interested in teaming with another faculty member to expand or enhance classroom teaching are encouraged to apply.
During the 2017-2018 program, we are seeking two-member faculty teams comprised of a Faculty Fellow and a Faculty Partner. The Faculty Fellow has integrated one of the following teaching practices into one of their courses and would like to share their expertise with a Faculty Partner. The Faculty Partner will integrate the teaching practice into a course that they currently teach.
We are especially interested in courses that improve student engagement and retention and include one of the following teaching practices:
- Flipped Classroom or Hybrid Courses
- Service Learning or Community-Based Learning
- Adaptive Learning
- Inquiry-based learning
Anyone who teaches at UCCS is eligible to apply, including full-time, part-time, and honoraria faculty, and faculty with special appointments. Hybrid and classroom courses are eligible.
The faculty team will participate in the following activities:
- Team Meetings with FRC Instructional Designer: These meetings provide an opportunity to ask any questions about the design, implementation, and assessment of the teaching practice as you integrate it into the Faculty Partner’s course.
- Team Meetings: The faculty team will meet to discuss the teaching practice and to design and implement the practice into the Faculty Partner’s course. The faculty team should expect to dedicate, on the average, 20 hours involved in team correspondence.
- Implementation Plan: The one-page plan outlines the course description and objectives, a plan for implementing the teaching practice into the course, and the evaluation methods to show how students achieve the desired course objective(s).
- Campus Presentation: This gives you an opportunity to share how you integrated the teaching practice into the course and the impact on student retention and engagement. You can choose to (1) Host a Let’s Talk Teaching session on your teaching practice or (2) Participate in the FRC Faculty at Work Article.
The faculty team will be awarded a total of $2000.
- Each faculty member receives a stipend of $1,000 (minus taxes) as additional pay broken into two installments of $500.
- The first installment will be paid after an implementation plan is submitted to the FRC.
- The second installment will be paid after the Campus Presentation.
- All transactions must be completed by June 30, 2019.
- Application Deadline – Friday, December 1, 5:00 PM MT
- The Faculty Resource Center will announce the program recipients in a timely manner.