Frequently Asked Questions related to the transition from Blackboard
No, you are not. The Spring 2018 semester is considered the Opt-in semester. If you choose to teach your course(s) in the Canvas LMS in Spring 2018, please complete this form.
You will find course shells in both Blackboard and Canvas in the Spring 2018 semester.
- Spring 2018: Opt in to Canvas
- All courses will be in Blackboard, however if you wish to use Canvas, please complete this form.
- Summer 2018: Opt out of Canvas
- All courses will be in Canvas, however, if you wish to continue using Blackboard you will be asked to indicate so later in the Spring semester.
- Fall 2018: All courses will be in Canvas
All content that is in Blackboard will be archived off in the Office of Information Technology for retrieval after Summer 2018.
Yes, course content that is in Blackboard can be used in Canvas.
While we strongly encourage you to build courses from the ground up in Canvas, we'll be happy to provide assistance with moving content from Blackboard into Canvas. Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Canvas support is available 24/7 to all users at 1.844.802.9230.