Faculty Minority Affairs Committee (FMAC) Diversity Grant Guidelines
As a standing committee of the Faculty Assembly, each fiscal year FMAC allocates funds for research and campus activities that promote diversity and inclusiveness, with emphasis on racial/ethnic issues in research, community engagement, and teaching.
Funding is open to all UCCS faculty and staff. The individual applicant is responsible for completing ALL necessary paperwork related to the activity, event, or program. FMAC support resulting from the proposal, if granted, is strictly financial unless otherwise agreed upon. Funds will be forfeited if the applicant does not effectively follow university and FMAC protocol regarding their event. Finally, if funds are awarded FMAC should be acknowledged as a sponsor.
FMAC offers Diversity Grants in the following two funding areas:
- Professional Development This category includes, but is not limited to: travel for research, conference presentations, or access to archives; research assistance or transcription; or minor equipment purchases. Applications in this category should demonstrate how the event or activity impacts the applicant’s career trajectory and supports racial/ethnic diversity and inclusiveness.
- Academic Programming & Curriculum This category includes, but is not limited to: creating or supporting on-going programs; bringing speakers to campus; organizing one-time activities or workshops; developing new or enhancing existing courses. Applications in this category should demonstrate how the event or activity impacts the campus in racial/ethnic diversity and inclusiveness.
- Please use the proposal and budget templates on this page. You will need to download them to your hard drive, fill them out completely, and then upload them to the corresponding page:
- Standard grants will be between $250 and $500 depending on need and number of grants awarded.
- All UCCS faculty (tenured, tenure-track, and non-tenure track) and staff are eligible to receive FMAC grants
- Calls for proposals will be circulated twice a year. Proposals must be submitted by the deadline stated in the call for consideration.
- Funds must be moved into the proposer's department speed-type by the end of June of the fiscal year that a grant is awarded or forfeit the funds.
- All submitted proposals will be evaluated during an FMAC meeting. Committee members will make decisions on proposals according to objective criteria; proposals might not receive the full amount requested. Proposers will be asked to step out if attending a meeting in which their proposal is evaluated.
- FMAC chair will notify status of funding to the proposer via email after the FMAC meeting.