National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD)
The NCFDD is a nationally-recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty, post-docs, and graduate students. They provide a variety of virtual programs and resources including:
• Weekly Monday Motivator
• Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
• Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
• Access to Multi-Week Courses
• Access to Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students (appropriate for Master’s students, too)
• Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring, problem-solving, & moderated writing challenges
• Monthly accountability buddy matches
• Access to 14-Day Writing Challenges
• Access to the Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
To claim your free Institutional Membership, complete the following steps:
1) Go to http://www.facultydiversity.org/join
2) Choose your institution from the drop-down menu.
3) Select “Activate my Membership”
4) Complete the registration form using your institutional email address (i.e. @InstitutionalEmail.edu)
5) Go to your institution email to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email.
If you have any questions about the membership, please contact: Andrea Herrera, Associate Vice Chancellor for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, email@example.com or Judith Scott, Assistant Professor, Jmarti28@uccs.edu. If you have any technical questions, please email NCFDD at Membership@FacultyDiversity.org.
Judith Scott, PhD, RN, is Assistant Professor in the Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing. She researches aging in place of older adults in retirement communities, examining the ways that sensory and cognitive impairments affect well-being. She teaches population health for non-traditional undergraduate RN to BSN students. Judy appreciates NCFDD webinars and writing challenges to support her teaching and scholarship, and is happy to help faculty with the NCFDD website and membership.