Extended Studies

Extended Studies Military Outreach

The University of Colorado Colorado Springs is privileged to be able to serve our local military installations and the military community; active duty, veterans, dependents and DOD contractors.

UCCS Advisor Visitation Schedule

Advising is available by appointment at the following military installations: Fort Carson, Peterson Air Force Base and US Air Force Academy.

If you would like to schedule an appointment:
  • Call UCCS office at Fort Carson: (719) 526-8066
  • Email UCCS office at Fort Carson: ftcarson@uccs.edu
  • Call UCCS Campus Wide Extended Studies office: (719) 255-3498

Fort Carson

Peterson Air Force Base

US Air Force Academy

(719) 526-8066
Monday-Friday: 0800-1600
Education Center, Building 1117, Room 129
2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month: 1000-1300
Education Center
By Appointment at the Education Center

Veterans Educational Benefits

GI Bill Benefits
Contact at UCCS

Office of Veteran and Military Student Affairs (OVMSA):

Forester House

(719) 255-3253


You can also visit the OVMSA website at: www.uccs.edu/military.
Applying Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) Benefits at UCCS
To receive any VA educational benefit, you must first fill out the Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP) »

The UCCS Office of Veteran and Military Student Affairs offers assistance with applying for education benefits. The following educational benefits are available to veterans and dependents at UCCS
  • Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 GI Bill)
  • Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 GI Bill - Transfer of Entitlement)
  • The Yellow Ribbon Program (For more details, please contact our office)
  • Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty)
  • Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)
  • Chapter 1606 (Montgomery GI Bill - Reservists)
  • Chapter 1607 (Montgomery GI Bill - Reserve Educational Assistance Program)
  • Chapter 35 (Dependents Educational Assistance)
  • Active Duty Tuition Assistance (Please see your nearest base education office for more information)
  • HB 1039
Service members, veterans and dependents who want to use their federal VA educational benefits while enrolled at UCCS must submit a Request for Enrollment Verification each term of enrollment. Please follow these steps:
  1. Complete the Request for Enrollment Verification: download and complete electronically or fill out in our office.
  2. After responding to each category, print the agreement.
  3. Sign the document.
  4. Deliver to the OVMSA at Forster House(on the east side of campus), along with any supporting information.
  5. If it is your first semester receiving benefits, make sure to bring in your Certificate of Eligibility.
Please note that in order for a student to use their benefits while attending UCCS, the student must be a regularly matriculated student and all classes taken must be required for the educational objective selected.

Please note: If the student has not yet received a copy of their COE, UCCS will certify your enrollment to the VA, but there will not be a conditional credit on the student's account until the COE is received.

Due Dates, Late Fees, Dropped Courses:
  • You must be certified by the UCCS OVMSA on or before the Census Date of every semester. If not, you are subject to late fees. All late fees are the student's responsibility and will not be covered by the VA.
  • If you are not eligible to receive 100% of your Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33), you are responsible for the balance before the Census Date to avoid late fees. Alternatively, you may enroll in a payment plan prior to the Census Date of the term to avoid late fees.
  • If you drop a class after the OVMSA has certified your enrollment, but before the Census Date, UCCS will send this overpayment directly to the VA. If you drop a class after the OVMSA has certified your enrollment but after the Census Date, UCCS will not refund any payments to the VA and the student is responsible for the overpayment.
Message to our Students
The VA requires Certification of Enrollment every semester you intend to use your Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits.

Credits not appearing on the student's account could be due to one of the following:
  • A copy of your Certificate of Eligibility was not provided to the UCCS OVMSA.
  • The Census Date has passed and your Certificate of Eligibility was not submitted timely.
Tuition Assistance Funding sources in addition to Post 9/11 GI Bill Chapter 33
  • Active Duty Personnel using Tuition Assistance need to contact an Education Counselor at their respective Education Center (i.e., Ft. Carson Education Center, Peterson AFB).
  • Active Duty Personnel eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill using Tuition Assistance can use the Post 9/11 GI Bill Chapter 33 in the form of "Top-Up", if TA does not cover all of the tuition and fees.
  • Active Duty Personnel stationed in Colorado are eligible for in-state tuition just visit the Education Center where you are assigned to obtain the proper documentation.
Colorado Resident with College Opportunity Fund (COF)
We encourage all Undergraduate Students to apply and use the COF stipend to reduce their tuition costs.