Heather Fester, Ph.D.
Heather teaches the stretch courses in the First-Year Rhetoric and Writing program. She holds a Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Writing from Bowling Green State University (2009) and an MFA in Creative Writing and Poetics from Naropa University in Boulder (2017), and she has taught and administered in college composition programs in some capacity for more than 15 years. Her interests include liberatory and contemplative pedagogies, transfer studies, different ways of knowing/reading/writing, the intersections of composition studies with creative writing, and multimodal composition. She also enjoys swimming, yoga, hiking, and supporting cultural events along the Front Range.
- Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Writing, Bowling Green State University
- MFA in Creative Writing and Poetics, Naropa University
- M.A. in English (Rhetoric & Writing emphasis), Bowling Green State University
- B.S. in English (Linguistics emphasis), Truman State University
- ENGL 1300: Rhetoric and Writing I - Stretch A
- ENGL 1305: Rhetoric and Writing II - Stretch B
- ENGL 1800: Fundamentals of Creative Writing