You are invited to the 2018 English Department Spring Workshop
Featuring food, conversation, and a brief workshop about English Studies in our Department.
WHO: Attending ONE workshop is mandatory for all English majors. To be clear, you cannot graduate with an English degree if you have not attended at least one workshop. We encourage you to attend in the first year that you declare your English major. English majors are warmly attended as many workshops as they desire. The readings change each academic year.
Alumni are welcome; please contact the English Department Chair if you are a graduate of our Department who is interested in attending.
- When: Friday, February 2, 2018
- Time: 12:15 pm to 2:15 pm
- Where: Upper Lodge A
WHY: Meet faculty and fellow students, discover what the English Department at UCCS has to offer, and make an informed decision about which emphasis in English you are choosing to pursue. The emphasis you choose (Rhetoric, Literature, Professional-Technical Writing, Secondary or Elementary Education) will impact the courses you’ll take in the future. In addition, many of our majors pursue a minor in Creative Writing.
READING: We’re asking all attendees to read a brief and innovative reading before the workshop. The reading is available through Blackboard (Bb). Please print it out, annotate it, and bring it with you to the workshop.
Register for the Workshop:
- Log in to Blackboard at bb.uccs.edu
- Go to the Course Search at the bottom of the center column on the entry (institution) page to Blackboard
- Enter the phrase “English majors” (without quotation marks) into the search box.
- Click on the course titled “Workshop for New English Majors.”
- Enter the enrollment code EnglMajor and then click Submit
- Click OK to confirm your enrollment.
- You are now in the course shell. From here, the reading you should access to prepare for the workshop is posted as a pdf under Course Content. A map is also available.
If you have questions, please contact our Department Chair, Dr. Katherine Mack, at 719-255-4004 or email@example.com. For updates, check our website or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.