UCCS offers students interested in studying abroad three different types of programs: exchanges, program providers (third-party), and faculty and staff-directed programs. Between all of these types of programs, students can usually study something almost everywhere in the world!
Faculty and Staff-Directed Programs
Faculty and Staff-Directed programs are a great way to get your feet wet in education abroad! These are programs where UCCS Faculty or Staff members guides a group of students abroad on a short, intensive experience abroad for usually 1-4 weeks. These experiences happen during semester breaks in the summer, winter and spring. Students can take these programs for credit and not for credit. The Faculty and Staff-Directed programs vary by year and students should check our program search database to search for these programs.
Upcoming programs for 2018-2019
Student Affairs in Higher Education in Japan November 2018
Community Development in East Africa December 2018-January 2019
Building Bottle Schools in Guatemala January 2019
Criminal Justice in Netherlands May 2019
Archaeology in Ireland July-August 2019
Provider programs are organized by companies, other universities or organizations that facilitate education abroad experiences. These Program Providers offer a great variety of countries and areas of study to choose from. Students will pay a "program fee" directly to the provider which usually includes tuition and fees, accommodation for the duration of the program, insurance, some excursions and on-site support. Students doing a provider or third-party program do not have to pay UCCS tuition. Students are ensured UCCS credit through a required credit approval process before they depart.
UCCS has direct relationships with many institutions overseas. This allows UCCS students to study at one of these institutions and pay their usual UCCS tuition rate at UCCS. Exchange programs typically are on a semester/yearly basis and can be competitive depending on availability. Students are encouraged to apply early for these programs.
There are two types of exchange programs here at UCCS:
College of Business-Specific Exchanges: Students either in the College of Business or looking to go in to the College of Business are encouraged to consider the institutions below. In addition to numerous business-related coursework, some of these institutions offer coursework in other areas of study as well. Please visit see the information pages for each institutions for more information!
- Frankfurt School of Finance and Management (Germany)
- International School of Management (Germany)
- Stockholm Business School (Sweden)
- BI Norwegian Business School (Norway)
- Munich Business School (Germany)
University-Wide Exchanges: UCCS has established agreements with institutions abroad that allow all students (regardless of major) to attend these universities.
- Bilgi Istanbul University (Turkey)-Currently not accepting applications
- Cologne Business School (Germany)
- Institut Catholique d' Etudes Superieures (France)
- Management Center Innsbruck (Austria)
- Universidad de Guadalajara (Mexico)-Currently not accepting applications
- Waseda University (Japan)
- University of Castilla-La Mancha (Spain)
- Southern Institute of Technology (New Zealand)
- University of Hertfordshire (England)
- Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (South Korea)
- Radboud University (Netherlands)
- Peruvian University of Applied Sciences (Peru)
- Loughborough University (England)
National Student Exchange (NSE): National Student allows you the opportunity to exchange for a semester or academic year at over 200 campuses around the United States, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, Guam and Canada. For more details, please contact Heidi Wardell. Learn more about National Student Exchange.