We are dedicated to supporting diversity and non-discrimination in Education Abroad for all UCCS students. Every UCCS student is encouraged to explore opportunities for an overseas educational experience.
General Diversity Resources
Going abroad will be a life-changing experience of discovery. It is also important to be aware of how cultural differences may affect perceptions of your identity in order to have a successful, enjoyable, and safe education abroad experience. The groups below are great tools to begin familiarizing yourself with different cultures and available resources for your time abroad
- UCCS Multicultural Office for Student Access, Inclusiveness, and Community (M.O.S.A.I.C)
- Diversity Abroad Network: Diversity in Education Abroad
Resources and Advice for Disabled Students
There are some important steps you can take before leaving campus to make sure that your time abroad is rewarding. Begin preparing now by doing the following:
- First, contact the UCCS Disability Services and complete an accommodation request form if you do not have one on file. The staff will meet with you to discuss your needs so appropriate arrangements can be made in advance.
- Make an appointment with International Affairs to identify programs and locations that meet your interests and needs.
- Keep in mind that different cultures approach and provide disability access in different ways. Become familiar with the types of accommodation typically provided in the countries of your interest and be flexible and open to different ways of accommodating your disability.
- Once you choose a program, find out as much as you can about the views on disabilities in your host culture. The more you know, the better prepared you will be for the interaction between your disability and the new environment.
- Mobility International USA
- University of Minnesota's Access Abroad
- Transitions Abroad: Disability Travel
- UCCS Office of Disabilities
Resources and Advice for LBGTQIA+ Students