If you are eligible for financial aid and/or receive scholarships, those awards may be applied toward your education abroad experience! It is important to check with the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for more information regarding your particular financial aid situation. If you wish to use your UCCS financial aid and help pay for an education abroad program, here are a few things to consider:
- Make sure you have a current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file. If you currently do not have one on file, you may apply for aid by completing the free application available at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- If you have costs beyond those of a regular term, then you must see a Financial Aid Counselor and ask for a budget increase. You will need a document that lists the official costs of the program.
- It is also very important that you submit your study away course approval form to the Education Abroad team early
- Students must maintain full-time status while abroad (12 UCCS credits for semester/6 UCCS credits for summer) in order to receive financial aid.
- Financial aid cannot be dispersed early for education abroad purposes. If students have early, up-front expenses like application fees, program deposits, or airline tickets, students are encouraged to budget for them.
For complete information about how to use your financial aid for education abroad, please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.