Internships for College of Engineering & Applied Science Students
The College of Engineering & Applied Science (EAS) encourages all students to participate in at least one internship during their degree program to gain valuable skills. Experiential learning is an integral part of the degree program and allows students to transfer their coursework to real-world applications, develop soft skills, and increase employability upon graduation.
Benefits of Internships
- Transfer academic curriculum to real-world application and experience
- Participate in a mentored, positive learning experience
- Receive employer-specific training and increase technical skills
- Improve attractiveness to employers
- Learn soft skills: teamwork, communication, business practices, self-confidence, deliverables
- Improve classroom learning for all students with information and technology transfer
- May be able to obtain credit for work related to courses to apply toward graduation.
- Improve future salary and job prospects by having applied experience
College of Engineering & Applied Science Internship Office
The College of Engineering & Applied Science Internship Office is ready to assist you in finding an internship. We work with students to form an internship plan and make sure you have the resources you need. Make an appointment today!
- Sue McClernan
- Engineering 250B
- EAS Internship Office:
- Focused on EAS Students
- Internship Assistance & Planning
- Weekly Newsletter of Current Internship Opportunities
- Partners On Campus:
- UCCS Career Center
- Excel Communications Center
- Excel Writing Center