Students with documented disabilities may be eligible to receive class notes from a classmate as an accommodation through Disability Services. Below are the steps for students who qualify for this accommodation:
How to Request Class Notes
- Submit your Peer Notes Request as soon as you’ve determined a need.
- Notes will be sent to your UCCS email via a Google Drive link.
- Contact Disability Services if you encounter any problems or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
Peer Notetaker Program Policies
- Disability Services coordinates the Peer Notetaker Program and keeps all parties' identities anonymous.
- Inform Disability Services if you require notes in a particular file format so that they can be accessed with assistive technology.
- Attend all of your courses to determine if notes and/or PowerPoint slides will be available to the class, mitigating your need for supplemental notes.
- Receiving peer class notes as an accommodation does not replace your responsibility to attend or participate in class.
- If you are able to do so, you are encouraged to still take your own class notes and use peer class notes as a supplement.
- Notes received are not to be shared in any way.