The AT Lab
- Students using the lab must be registered with Disability Services and bring their Student ID card
- Located in EPC238 in the Kraemer Family Library
- Open during regular library hours
- Automatic door opener with swipe access
- Stations have at least 36" between tables to maneuver a wheelchair, motorized wheelchair, or scooter without obstructions
- Five work stations
- Large adjustable tables
- Ergonomic keyboards available as requested
- Dragon Naturally Speaking, JAWS, Read & Write Gold
- Zoomtext upon request
- DaVinci CCTV for printed materials
- Other technology available upon request
- Lab assistance is available by appointment. Contact the Assistive Technology Specialist.
Easy Access Tech Series
A series of 20-minute hands-on workshops to familiarize staff, faculty and students on the use of specific technologies. Topics updated regularly based on popular demand.
- November 9 or 10, 2017 at 11:30 AM "Using the Library's New V-Scanner"
- January 25 or 26, 2018 at 11:30 AM
- February 15 or 16, 2018 at 11:30 AM
- March 22 or 23, 2018 at 11:30 AM
- April 26 or 27, 2018 at 11:30 AM
Custom Classes Available upon Request and with Time Permitting
- How to Caption a YouTube Video
- How to Create an Accessible Word Document
- Creating an Accessible Document
- Disability Etiquette
- Implementing Universal Design in the Classroom
- Common ADA Barriers to Avoid
- Accessibility for Website Designers
- Creating an Accessible Syllabus
- Using the Smart Pen in the Classroom
- Read and Write Gold for the ESL Student
- Read and Write Gold as a Writing Aid
- Other classes
Alternate Media Production
- Students requiring alternate media should fill out the Alt Media Request Form and must be registered with Disability Services.
- Obtaining and/or creating alternative media is a time consuming and labor intensive process. Please allow sufficient time for completion.
- Accessible Word Document
- Audio file
- The Assistive Technology Specialist will be captioning videos starting in the Spring semester of 2018.
- Details will be available soon.
Equipment Available for Student Checkout
Students must be registered with Disability Services and be approved for equipment checkout.
- FM System
- Voice Recorders
- Talking Scientific Calculator
- Science Equipment
- Ergonomic Keyboards
- Assisitive Technology Specialist: Leyna Bencomo, firstname.lastname@example.org (719)255-4202