To further the campus’s sustainability efforts, DHS is implementing a ‘Reusable To-Go’ program utilizing the latest technology. The Green2Go system was funded by the Green Action Fund, with the goal of reducing the use of compostable products in our retail operations. The cost of compostable containers is built into menu prices, so these costs are passed on to all customers. By opting-in to the Green2Go initiative, you will reduce your purchase price for select stations that would otherwise use compostable clamshell style containers. Each time you use an Green2Go container, you will receive 50 cents off your purchase.
How does it all work?
- Ask for the Green2Go container at select stations at Mondo Pizzeria, Barr Trail Grill, Essential Greens or in Clyde’s
- At the register, pay a one-time purchase of $2.00 for the container in addition to your meal.
- Once you're done eating, wipe out the Green2Go container and return the Green2Go container to the OZZI machine located next to the condiment counter in Cafe 65.
- Follow directions on OZZI machine, and redeem your token that can be used on your next retail purchase.
- On your next purchase at the select station (Mondo Pizzeria, Barr Trail Grill, Essential Greens or in Clyde’s), you will request your food be placed in a clean Green2Go container and you will be asked for your token at the cashier station. If you do not have a token, you will need to purchase the Green2Go container for $2.00 as part of your transaction.
- Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 and continue saving 50 cents on each purchase.
No, only the select stations that actually use large clam-shell containers are eligible for the discount.
DHS will remove the dirty containers from the OZZI machine and wash them in a commercial dishwashing machine.
You will need to purchase a container for $2.00.
You will need to purchase a new container to get back in the system.
No, tokens can only be used for containers.
For health and safety reasons, only properly cleaned and sanitized containers handled by DHS can be used in service areas. This protects the health and safety of all everyone.
No, you own the container which is good for over 300 uses. Think of it as having your own reusable coffee cup.
You may purchase as many Green2Go containers that you need for $2.00 each.
Traditional compostable containers will be utilized in these incidents. The OZZI machine is networked to track usage and technical errors.