Bachelor of Science in Data Analytics and Systems Engineering
Data Analytics and Systems Engineering (DASE) is an interdisciplinary field about processes and large systems to extract knowledge or insights from data in various forms.
- Incorporates many fields of study to include mathematics, statistics, computer science, operations research, industrial and systems engineering, and operations management.
- Employs techniques such as data visualization, data mining, and predictive analysis to help aid decision-making. Data and systems engineering is concerned with the design, improvement and installation of integrated systems of people, materials, data, information, equipment and energy.
- Draws upon specialized knowledge and skill in the mathematical, physical, and social sciences together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design, to specify, predict, and evaluate the results to be obtained from such systems.
Employer demand has increased over the last four years. Demand in Colorado Springs increased faster than demand in the regional area which indicates an opportunity to develop the new degree. Regional demand grew at 37 percent while local demand increase by 72 percent in the same timeframe.
- Ability to break down complex problems, applying logical and strategic processes toward their solutions
- Understanding of the context for application of math and science material – prepared to help students understand "why they should want to know this"
- Highly marketable, in demand, 21st century degree in the fields of engineering, math and computer science
- Opportunities for summer internships for graduates with local high technology companies