Admission Criteria for Freshman Students
- Rank in the upper 30th percentile of high school graduating class
- ACT composite score of 25 or above or an SAT composite score of 1120 or above
Expected high school work is:
- English - 4 units
- Math - 4 units (at least two years of algebra, one year geometry, one year advanced math)
- Natural Science - 3 units (one year physics, one year of chemistry)
- Social Science - 2 units (government, history, economics, psychology, sociology)
- Foreign Language - 2 units (all in a single language)
- Academic Electives - 1 unit
Students that do not meet assured admission criteria can be admitted by the Engineering Committee, but are not guaranteed admission to the College of Engineering.
Student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 with at least 30 hours of college course work. To be admitted, the student should have a solid math and science background in college coursework. Transfer students will almost always be reviewed by the Engineering Committee to determine coursework completed at college level.
For application information: How To Apply
For further information contact the Engineering Advisor at the Student Success Center.