Requirements for Admission
- A Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Arts degree in mathematics, computer science, engineering, or information systems.
- An overall undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0; awarded within the past five years) or minimum 148 GRE (new grading scale), quantitative portion. Applicants with a grade point average of less than 3.0 or awarded more than five years ago may be admitted on a case-by-case basis. Applicants with a grade point average between 2.75 and 3.0 awarded within the past five years may be admitted provisionally.
- It is recommended that the applicant have two years experience with commercial, industrial or government software development or maintenance.
- A concise statement of experience and career goals.
- A completed online application, including all required supporting documentation.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- International Applicants: All of the above items plus:
- GRE Score of 148 or higher is required.
- TOEFL or ILETS of 6.5 or higher is required for English Proficiency. If a student has completed a degree in the US, this requirement may be waived.
- Course by Course Evaluation is required https://www.wes.org or https://www.naces.org
- Knowledge of a modern programming language, e.g., Pascal, Java, or C++
- CS 1450 Data Structures and Algorithms
- Math 2150 Discrete Mathematics
- CS 3300 Software Engineering
Note: Some of these courses may have prerequisites, and any comparable course from another approved university will suffice.
Streamlined Application Process
A Streamlined Application is designed to offer outstanding UCCS students and alumni an expedited application to the graduate school in participating programs.
If you are interested in applying, please fill out the regular application. Once you select that you have previously attended UCCS, it will ask you if you will be submitting the streamlined application.
Submit the application, a $60 non-refundable application fee
Minimum GPA of 3.0
Must be about to graduate or graduated in the last 1 year
- Letter of Recommendation from the Chair
For application information: How To Apply