- A Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Arts degree in mathematics, computer science, engineering information systems, or equivalent.
- An overall undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0; awarded within the past five years) or minimum 148 GRE (new grading scale), quantitative portion. Applicants with a grade point average of less than 3.0 or with degrees awarded more than five years ago will be admitted on a case by case basis. Applicants with a grade point average between 2.75 and 3.0 awarded within the past five years may be admitted provisionally. International applicants must follow the international applicant admission requirements located on the 'How to Apply' page.
- It is recommended the applicant have two years experience with commercial, industrial or government software development or system/network administration.
- A completed online application including a concise statement of experience, career goals and resume.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Other items as required.
- International Applicants:
- GRE Score of 148 or higher is required.
- TOEFL or ILETS of 6.5 or higher is required for English Proficiency. If a student has completed a degree in the US, this requirement may be waived.
- Course by Course Evaluation is required https://www.wes.org or https://www.naces.org
- Knowledge of a modern programming language, e.g., Pascal, Java, or C++
- CS 1450 Data Structures and Algorithms
- CS 2080 Programming with Unix
- CS 2160 Computer Organization and Assembly Language Programming
Streamlined Application Process
A Streamlined Application is designed to offer outstanding UCCS students and alumni an expedited application to the graduate school in participating programs.
If you are interested in applying, please fill out the regular application. Once you select that you have previously attended UCCS, it will ask you if you will be submitting the streamlined application.
Submit the application, a $60 non-refundable application fee
Minimum GPA of 3.0
Must be about to graduate or graduated in the last 1 year
- Letter of Recommendation from the Chair