Network and system security has become very critical and ever increasing urgent in today's network and information systems. Information Assurance deals with operations that protect and defend information and information systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and nonrepudiation.
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security have designated the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAE/IAE). This designation covers academic years 2012 through 2017. More information about our IA programs and activities can be accessed at the Center of Information Assurance and Security Technology (CIAST) at UCCS.
The NSA (National Security Agency) Information Assurance Courseware Evaluation (IACE) Program has validated that University of Colorado at Colorado Springs courseware meets all of the elements of the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) National Training Standards for:
- Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Professionals, NSTISSI No. 4011
- System Administrators (SA), CNSSI No. 4013 Entry Level
IACE Certification Related Courses:
- CS3910 - System Administration and Security
- CS4200-5200 - Computer Architecture
- CS5220 - Computer Communications
- CS5910 - Fundamentals of Computer/Network Security
- CS5920 - Applied Cryptography
- CS5020 - Software Security
- CS6910 - Advanced System Security Design
- CS6930 - Advanced Topics in Web Security and Privacy